Monday, January 25, 2010

Think Love...

Hello friends!


Can you believe the weekend is over, and it is already Monday? Sheesh!


Well, at least it's Magical Monday!


Today's challenge at There's Magic In the Air with Paper Cupcakes comes from Kim!




The image this week is Think Love, and Kim's challenge is to use this wonderful image on a box, bag, or holder of some sort. How much fun is that!



I happened to have just acquired a box of Petaloo flowers that came in this delightful RED box, complete with drawer! I simply popped out the enclosed window, and added Nina's darling artwork, and of course some chocolate, and voila!



I printed the image and colored it once, then shrunk it down a bit, reversed it, and colored it again. I popped up the second image with dimensional dots.
Hopefully, it looks like the love of mother and child!



All coloring is done with Koh-I-Noor Pencils and low odor mineral spirits.
Thanks for stopping by - I hope that you like my little creation!
Be sure to run over to Nina's blog and snag this image! Once you do, be sure to play along? The randomly picked challenge winner will receive a free Nina May image. I can't wait to see what you create with Nina's beautiful image, and Kim's challenge!
I also want to take a minute to apologize. I have been literally buried in tax paperwork, and have had very little time to get around to your blogs to see what's going on in your world!
Hopefully, the next few days will finish some stacks of paperwork, and allow some time once
again for 'play'!!! Forgive me - I will come to see you soon!
Patti J.

23 comments:

Nilla said...

Wow, gorgeous! Two of them, brilliant idea! Hugs Nilla

A Consuming Passion said...

Patti great idea to make the matching pair!!!! Oh and I'm all for recyling - I do it all the time!!!
Great project.

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are a creative genius GF! So very cute!

Carol said...

I just love your take on this! 2 images and the heart just work so well! Great project! Blessings!

Crystal said...

AWWW Patti this is soooo sweet, oh my those images are toooo cute, love your coloring and your box is fantastic!!! WOW this is the cutest!!!

Suzanne said...

Great valentine treat box! How creative you are - I never would have thought to shrink and reverse an image to use that way. GENIUS!

Stef H said...

wow patti! this is fabulous. i just love how you did those giraffes. and i LOVE that candy!!!!

hugs :)

Selma said...

What a great job creating the mother and baby. That is a perfect box to recycle for this project.

Nina said...

Patti J, love how you used that box, I even have 2 of those! love the fact that you showed the how versitle a digi can be with flipping and resizing, your project worked perfect for that!! It truly turned out so lovely!

Glittered Paws said...

Love it - the box is perfect - I am so glad WE got one, I just know I will find something to put in mine, although not as cute as yours turned out.

Peggy said...

This is just Fabulous, love your coloring and how adorable to have it look like mother/child!! excellent work on this!!

Barb said...

This is so sweet, Patti! Pink giraffes with heart-spots... too adorable :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Patti....I love your giraffes with the heart spots. How darling!! Love how you created the mother and baby! Gorgeous design!!
hugs,
Chris

Dawnll said...

This is just adorable, I am impressed with your project.Great job sweetie!

Caryl P said...

Fabulous Patti! I love repurposing boxes, especially when fillled with chocolate. YumO! I hope I find time to play this week too, where DID the weekend go?

Percy said...

Adorable card! Thanks for sharing!!!

Georgia said...

Fabo, girl!! Love how you used the dimensionals!

redwasher1 said...

What a great idea!! Love everything about this!! I may have to case this!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is super cute. I love what you did with the giraffe. Fabulous coloring too!

Danielle said...

How cute Patti! I love that you added a second giraffe. Your colouring is super!
Hugs, Danielle

Curt in Indy said...

This is so stinkin cute! I love how creative you got with using two of the images and flipping one and sizing it down. I also love when an image "comes out" of the square. This is a great project! Best, Curt

Kim Mc said...

Well, where do I start?!? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pink giraffes!!! And doing two was BRILLIANT (I'll have to remember that!) And I'm loving your sponging of your backgrounds, just finishes them off wonderfully!

BTW, just so you know..I love chocolate and have a birthday coming up (it'll be #35)...hum, let me know if you need my address! Shameful I know but I seem to be getting more so in my old age :)

Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration and I hope you get the paperwork/taxes and other responsbilities done soon, I want to see more!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were so amazingly crafty! I love giraffes so this one jumped out at me. I'm going to have to wander back later when I have more time and check out all of your creations. Nice work! (This is Elizabeth Wallace, btw)