Friday, August 28, 2009

White Space

Ouch! The theme today at 365 Cards is White Space. We were given the following sketch, and were told that the only stamping, designer paper, embellishments, etc., must be contained within the black lines. Well, this might be easy for some, but YIKES! That whole clean and simple thing just freaks me out!

I probably 'stretched' my black lines a tad here, but I either had to do so, or sit on my hands, and if I had sat on my hands, the card would be unfinished! Actually, if I'm going to be honest, I did really mean to trim down the bottom line, and had everything adhered before I remembered to do so!!!


Card and envelope:

Card front:

Card Inside:

Supplies: DCWV CS and Matstack, Colorbox Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink, Raffia, Antique Button from Grandma's button jar, Autumn Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

Hope you like it - I am stuck on fall right now. I love the colors of fall and spring! They are so much fun to work with.


Have a great day!

Patti J.
I saw this sign outside a nearby church yesterday, and I liked it! "If God is your co-pilot, you should change seats"!

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Patti this is awesome, LOVE your design inside and out!!! BEAUTIFUL!

Glittered Paws said...

You did great on white space and love the "fall" colors. I am in the process of getting my fallish decorations out but had to check on something on the puter. Love the card, especially the inside.

Rose said...

well for not liking white space you sure made a fantastic card!! :)

Chrissy said...

You really go all out! It is so pretty and no detail was overlooked!
Great work!
Chrissy

Anna said...

Dude! You rocked it! I would have had a terribly hard time with that challenge, too! Great job on it!

Unknown said...

Patti you did indeed rock the challenge today. I don't think the bottom line needed to be trimmed down either it look great the way it is.
Hugs
Michelle

Kim Mc said...

I think you did GREAT! I too had a hard time deciding what to do with this one and then as I was falling asleep last night, I thought of some other things I could've done to spice mine up a bit. Oh well, next time! ;) Aloha!

Pam said...

You did a wonderful job with this challenge, Patti - the colors and patterned paper are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

White space is always difficult for me too. I think you rocked this challenge though! Beautiful fall card! Now if we could just get some beautiful fall weather to go with all of these call cards, I'd be oh so happy! :)